Human Environmental Interaction is so basic that if you are reading this article, you will have a good idea of what it means. But there are many misconceptions. To clarify a few things, I asked our team of scientists, teachers and scholars to give their interpretations.
“Human Environmental Interaction community” is defined as a community of people who interact with each other. This could be a group of school children, a family group, a neighborhood community, a community of workers in an organization, or a community of people involved in nature.
The phrase “human-environment interaction” has been used with this meaning for over a century. The first documented use John A. It was done by Russell in 1920.
Human Environmental Interaction is not an activity, it is a “system” through which people experience their world.
It is part of our nature to interact with our environment, regardless of our culture, age, financial status, physical ability, cognitive ability, religious beliefs, political beliefs, gender, social status, etc.
Human Environmental Interaction enables people to “use their environment and their potential to enhance their quality of life”.
This is a concept that is part of the foundation of our civilization, yet it is largely misunderstood.
- What are the key elements of human-to-human interaction?
- What do we mean when we say that a person interacts with his environment?
- And how does he live a good life?
1. “Our” environment refers to our own physical surroundings, including our homes, schools, workplaces, places of worship, shopping centers, restaurants, and any other place where we spend time. This includes your immediate physical environment, but also all the spaces within your personal reach, such as the office, kitchen, living room and bedroom.
2. “Our” environment is more than what we can see and feel. There are spaces inside and outside of us that we are completely unaware of, which we call our inner environment. The inner environment refers to what we feel, what we know and what we remember, but we cannot see or touch. This is how you “feel” about the people around you and your social environment.
3. Through self-service initiatives, people are able to do more than meet their basic needs. They are more likely to “use their environment” than simple self-support actions such as eating, sleeping, washing, cleaning, and so on. In addition to self-support, we can use the space around us for care, creativity and happiness.
4. In general, your interactions with your environment are more meaningful and enriching than meeting your basic needs. The human environment is the “function” of both living and non-living elements in space. In terms of human use, our environment can express our intentions and reflect our dreams.
5. Our interactions with our environment can create the feeling that we are a part of the space. You feel ownership and belonging to your environment.
6. Your interactions with your environment can be more rewarding than the activities within yourself.
Many such questions arise when people think about the interaction of the human environment. They start with simple questions, such as, “Where do I sleep, where do I work, where do I play? What do I have to do with my environment? ” And they soon move on, “Why am I alive? What is the purpose of life? How do I express myself? ”There are answers to many questions about the complex relationship with your environment.
The environment as a means of social communication
A variety of environments exist in which social interaction can take place. Social interaction can take place in a space used by a group of people. These spaces range from informal spaces in our homes and other buildings used for socialization, to formal spaces such as schools, restaurants, churches, cinemas, and so on.
A group of people can also interact in an environment for a particular activity. For example, a church is usually a place that is used for religious purposes. If the activity is a religious service, people can communicate with each other in a space that was specifically used for religious activities.
There are other types of environments that are used for social interaction. For example, a library is a place where people come together to communicate with each other. Other types of spaces used for social interaction include parks, sports areas, parking lots, malls, supermarkets, restaurants, taverns, bowling alleys, etc.
The environment can shape thoughts
When people think about the environment, their thoughts often go to places where they can be alone or where they can be with other people. They don’t think about living with others in a place designed to facilitate social interaction.
There are places around us where we can be alone, for example, gardens, courtyards and sidewalks, where we can live in quiet places and experience nature and nature-like settings. And there are many places where we can interact with other people,
It’s important to think about your environment, but it’s also important to think about what kind of communication you want. The purpose of the environment is to communicate with others. For example, the park can be a great environment for children to enjoy as they have the opportunity to play with other children, but it is not a good place for an adult to meet up with his friends.
A small child enjoys interacting with other children in the park, but an adult who goes there will be more interested in staying with friends in a quiet restaurant.
Considering a favorable environment for communicating with other people will affect your thinking.
How we think about the environment can change our behavior.
People sometimes think about the environment and then try to change the environment around them to make it easier to think about the environment. For example, some people think that they will find more friendly people in a certain environment and if they change the environment, they will find more friendly people. That’s stupid. The real problem is not that there are people who are not friends in the environment; The real problem is that we think of the environment in such a way that we find people who are not friends. The solution is not to change the environment, but to change the way we think about it.
People often think about the environment and then try to change the environment around them to make it easier to think about the environment.
If we learn to control our thoughts, we can change our environment and become the best place to communicate. The next time you walk around your neighborhood, consider the environment that drives the interaction and ask yourself if your environment is helping you think about people in a way that allows you to communicate more positively.
What do you think Share your thoughts on this topic in the comments below.