There is growing emphasis on the significance of agricultural soils as a retailer for tonnes of carbon annually, not least in phrases of serving to the sector meet its dedication to web zero by 2040.
But what measures are wanted to make soils an efficient carbon sink, and what added worth can sequestration convey to the farm enterprise?
The panel will discover soil carbon farming not solely as a potential future income stream but in addition in phrases of how regenerative farming practices will help retailer carbon to enhance soil well being and total productiveness.
Join our consultants as we debate the dos and don’ts of soil carbon farming.
- What is soil carbon?
- Why is it necessary for farmers?
- How are you able to enhance soil carbon?
- What are the alternatives and dangers surrounding monetisation of carbon credit?
- How a lot management do farmers have over carbon certificates?
See additionally: Soil carbon: Targets and learn how to retailer it in arable fields
- Andrew Meredith, Editor, Farmers Weekly
- Susan Twining, Chief Land Use Policy Adviser, CLA
- Thomas Gent, Business Development, Agreena
- Mike Harrington, Director, Edaphos
- Rob Waterston, Farm Manager, Welford Estate Partnership