Introduction to top 10 agriculture universities in the world, best list: The study of agriculture mainly deals with livestock management, crop production, and water/land conservation. Agricultural education has evolved into a larger and separate domain, often separate from other fields of higher education.
However, there are still vast opportunities for research and development in the agricultural sector, which is still one of the largest employers in the world today. Make carriers in both ongoing schemes to alleviate food poverty through self-sufficient farming methods and soil science education and the ground development of genetically modified (GMO) crops – or even artificially produced meat.
Guide on top 10 agriculture universities in the world, what do you learn about an agriculture degree and why study agriculture?
What do you learn about an agriculture degree?
Degrees such as agricultural sciences will study the process of farming in the microcosm and in doing so will seek environmental solutions to feed the global population that continues to spread. Agricultural science will focus exclusively on plant and soil sciences, working with businesses to find ways to improve productivity and promote sustainable agriculture.
Agricultural economics, meanwhile, will incorporate applied economics with intensive research into agriculture, analyze finances and the effects of financial systems such as tariffs on the industry, while also finding ways to maximize the use of natural resources. Most undergraduate courses will cover basic modules like public policy, data analysis, and environmental sustainability like applied economics or livestock production science.
A degree in agriculture will enable you to study theoretically and understand the practical application of farming. Studying a degree in agriculture and forestry can lead to the ability to understand and solve real-life problems. Then, there are ongoing advances in this area that can help to understand food poverty and genetically modified crops.
Looking for a career in agriculture? Consider one of the many top-quality agricultural universities in the United States for your education. These advanced universities offer a wealth of agricultural sciences, from traditional agricultural sciences and animal sciences to emerging technologies such as accuracy and biotechnology.
Agriculture is one of the oldest occupations of mankind and is practiced all over the world, including in the most developed economies. The field of agriculture provides employment opportunities in horticulture, poultry farming, plant science, soil science, food science, animal science, etc. Some of the other lucrative agricultural activities are horticulture, dairy, and poultry farming. You can get jobs in hotels, health farms, resorts, etc., like landscaping and gardening.
Some universities focus on preparing students internationally, while others focus on crop farming, marketing of farm products, and animal husbandry in a particular country or region. A degree in agriculture will also give you the knowledge and skills needed to work in food production, agricultural sales, farming journalism, farm business, and manufacturing of agricultural machinery and banking activities.
Agricultural courses focus on preparing students for work internationally that includes some elements like the geo-based economy, global sustainability, and the global food system. Others will focus on agriculture within a particular country or region or on a particular aspect of agriculture – such as crop farming, marketing of farm products, animal husbandry, sustainable practices, or management of large properties.
Overall, you will have a wide range of technical skills and knowledge, as well as an understanding of the scientific, ethical, and commercial principles behind the agricultural industry. There is also a difference in the degree of hands-on training required for students. You can choose from a variety of farming skills. Agriculture is a very broad field, but you do not need to have a general degree. Here are just a few skills you can choose from;
- Plant Sciences
- Animal Sciences
- Food Sciences
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Agricultural Sciences or Agroecology
Why study agriculture?
Agriculture is very important in today’s world. Most of the world still relies heavily on what we produce from the earth, and as the world continues to grow, so will demand. Technology has reshaped many industries that are constantly advancing our farming methods around the world. Courses in food production, horticulture, environmental protection, and animal husbandry are all areas discovered within agriculture. As these fields are very wide, students will find many career paths that are available in a single field. Whether you want to pursue more in science and study biology, physics, and chemistry, or if you want to get into business whether it’s finance or management there are many options available to graduates. Agriculture teaches students the principles of farming and other agricultural methods.
List of best agricultural universities in the world
We have compiled a list of the best agricultural universities in the world. Therefore, you can choose a university that suits your needs. The key to our selection of these universities is the quality of the rankings and the number of agricultural-related programs offered by the universities. However, we also consider factors such as the quality of education, the average income of graduates, accreditation, and many other related factors.
In case if you miss this: Terrace Garden Questions and Answers
1. Wageningen University & Research in the Netherlands
It is a public university in the Netherlands. It specializes in technical and engineering subjects and is an important center for science and agricultural research. It is located in an area of the Netherlands known as Food Valley. It is ranked among the top universities in the world and especially in its life sciences, it is considered one of the best universities in the world.
Highly ranked university, because;
- According to the QS World University Rankings, it is the world’s best in the field of Agriculture & Forestry
- The Wageningen University is listed number 62 in the world by the Times Higher Education Ranking
- Wageningen has been voted the No. 1 university in the Netherlands for 15 consecutive years.
This is the best university in the Netherlands for environmental, biological, and development sciences. These areas are approached from different perspectives such as economics, research, management, product development, technology, and international cooperation. If you study at Wageningen University you are guaranteed a high-quality education. Popular courses are’
- Soil, Water, Atmosphere
- Animal Sciences
- Food Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Agroecology (European)
- Animal Sciences
- Aquaculture and Marine Resource Management
- Organic Agriculture
- Plant Biotechnology
- Plant Breeding (Online)
- Plant Sciences etc.
2. The University of California, Davis, USA
The University of California ranks high on various aspects for its studies and other facilities. According to QS World Rankings 2014, it was named the world’s first and best university of agriculture and forestry. It topped the list of two other American universities (Penn and UC Berkeley) for producing the highest number of Fulbright Scholars in 2012-13. It ranks 10th in terms of attracting the most international students for 2012-13.
Located in the sunny state of California, the university offers graduate and undergraduate programs in almost all fields of agriculture such as plant sciences, environmental sciences, and more. One finds many international students choosing this renowned university to hone their skills. The University of California located in a small traditional college town is known for its excellent programs in biology and agriculture.
Some of the leading associations offered to international students include;
- The Humphrey Fellows- Under this fellowship, experienced professionals from a few countries around the world can come to the United States and are hosted at UC Davis. It is one of the 16 American universities that host the program.
- RIFA – Under this Research and Innovation Fellowship for Agriculture program, individuals who are in the early stages of their career in agricultural leadership in various UC Davis programs have the opportunity to engage in short-term international projects.
Some of its major agricultural courses are
- Agriculture and Environmental Education (major)
- Animal Biology (major),
- Animal Science (major and minor),
- Animal Science and Management (major),
- Environmental Horticulture and Urban Forestry (major),
- Genetics and Genomics (major),
- International Agricultural Development,
- Plant Biology,
- Wildlife, Fish and Biodiversity Conservation, and so on.
3. Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala in Sweden
SLU is a world-class international university. This is unique and is based on our strengths and profile areas, bio-based economy and environment, health, and quality of life. The combination of teaching and research provides students with countless opportunities for interesting, in-depth study and skills.
SLU is a university with sustainable use of natural biological resources. Global issues such as urban and regional planning, sustainable urban and rural development, and climate change are also on the schedule. To summarize, our work is about how we can utilize the natural resources of forests, soil, and water without depleting them and safeguarding the well-being of humans and animals alike. This is the basic principle involved in education, research, and environmental monitoring and evaluation at SLU. The courses and degree programs offered by SLU are based on professional qualifications that the university is licensed to issue and research conducted at the university. The university has adapted to the economic situation by reducing the number of full-time equivalent students in the last three years, primarily by removing single-subject courses from the offered courses and programs. Some courses related to agriculture are;
- Agricultural Economics and Management
- Agricultural, Food and Environmental Policy Analysis
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Science
- Forest Environment and Sustainable Management
- Horticulture Science
- Sustainable Food Systems
- Plant Biology for Sustainable Production
4. AgroParisTech, Paris, France
AgroParisTech is a grand educational and research institution in the fields of agricultural sciences and techniques, agricultural food, forestry, waste management, and natural resources, and land management and development.
Key Features of AgroParisTech;
- Internationally known for the high quality of its training programs and research activities.
- Focus on research-based training, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
5. Cornell University, Ithaca, United States
One of the most well-known and recognized universities in the United States Ivy League, Cornell has established a worldwide reputation for all of its programs and courses. Located in Ithaca, New York, Cornell offers a wide range of courses in a variety of fields for national and international students. Some of its classifications include; According to US News and World Report, the annual ranking of colleges ranks it 15th in the country.
In case if you miss this: How To Start Onion Farming, Questions, Answers
The QS World Rankings ranked it 15th among the world’s top 800 universities and third for its agricultural programs. The College of Agriculture offers Tata Scholarships for Indian students. This scholarship is offered annually to Indian students for their undergraduate studies to help finance their courses. From its inception, the university has been a co-educational and non-sectarian institution where admission is not restricted by religion or race. Some of the university courses are;
- Animal Science,
- Applied Economics and Management,
- Environmental Science,
- Biochemistry, Molecular, and Cell Biology,
- Biological and Environmental Engineering,
- Food Science and Technology,
- Genetics and Development,
- Genomics (Minor Field),
- International Agriculture and Rural Development,
- International Development
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Transplant
- Plant Pathology and Plant Microbiology
- Plant Protection
- Soil and Crop Sciences
6. The University of California, Berkeley (UCB) in the United States
University of California in Berkeley (UC Berkeley, Berkeley, Cal, or California) is a public land grant research university in Berkeley. Statistically, Berkeley (as it is called) is the world’s most consistently ranked university. The University of California was born out of a vision of a university state constitution that would “contribute more than the gold of California to the happiness of future generations.” Then, this offers several courses;
- Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Applied Science and Technology
- Earth and Planetary Science
- Plant and Microbial Biology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Environmental Science etc.
In case if you miss this: Best Vegetables That Grow In Containers
7. ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich in Switzerland
It is the only university in Switzerland to offer a degree program in agricultural science. ETH Zürich is an advanced learning institution that was started in 1854. The school focuses on training engineers and scientists. Albert Einstein was a famous alumnus of the Nobel Prize-winning institution.
The System Oriented Natural Sciences Division has 16 major academic disciplines in the fields of Earth Sciences, Ecosystems Science, and Health Sciences and Technology. The institution’s research focuses on areas including the global food system, climate change, and energy.
Bachelor’s Education – The bachelor’s degree program lasts for at least 3 years. During this time, you will have to earn 180 credit points. A 10-week internship is also required. Admission to the first semester is only possible in the fall.
Master’s Degree Program – The Master’s program in Agricultural Sciences lasts for at least 2 years. A total of 3 specializations are offered;
- Agricultural Economics
- Animal Sciences
- Plant Sciences
8. University of Wisconsin-Madison, United States
Located in Madison City, USA this university is well known for its programs and network of distinguished alumni. Is. The university offers a historical overview of the growth and development of academics, and its more than 100 years of presence make it an integral part of the American education system.
The current university rankings include: US News and World Report ranked it 13th among public institutions. The Center for World University Rankings ranks it 25th among institutions around the world and the QS World Ranking ranks it 4th for its agricultural programs. The department is one of the largest and offers a scholarship called Renk Scholar under which qualified undergraduate students are selected.
The university offers various courses in various fields including agriculture and some of them are listed below.
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Education & Training
In case if you miss this: Goat Farming In Nigeria – Breeds, How To Start,
9. University of Reading, UK
The University of Reading UK is Top 30 University (QS World University Rankings, 27th out of 84 UK universities featured in 2021) is located in the southeast of England, 25 minutes by train from central London. The three UK campuses in University of Reading are;
- White Knights Campus
- London Road Campus
- Greenland Campus
Usually, the university offers several courses about agriculture, the teaching of the highest quality, and a multitude of opportunities, from studying abroad to learning languages to undertaking work placements.
- Plant Diversity
- Agriculture and Food Economics (MAT SCI)
- Agricultural Economics
- Sustainable Livestock Production
- Food Economics and Marketing
- Research Agriculture, Environment and Environment
10. China Agricultural University Beijing, China (Mainland)
China Agricultural University (CAU) is a leading public-owned university in China. CAU is also the oldest higher education institution for agriculture in China, dating back to 1905. The strongest groups of subjects at CAU are Agriculture and Life Sciences, Resources and Environmental Sciences, Information and Computer Science, Agricultural Engineering and Automation Sciences, as well as Economics, Management, and Social Sciences.
- Samantha Ruth Prabhu in crop top and jeans is getting used to the views in Switzerland in new pic: See here | Travel
- Greenpiece: Animal celebs and big cats can be better used for education
- ‘Plantations meet ecological functions of natural forests’: Bhupender Yadav
- Easy Way of Making Lakhs With Jute Cultivation in India
- Managing your pre-seed burnoff in a tight market – RealAgriculture
- Turley Announces Campaign For Football Hall of Fame – JONATHAN TURLEY
- Photo Of The Day By Gary Fua
- The Trial of “Other” Officers in the Floyd Case Is No Slam Dunk – JONATHAN TURLEY
- Dairy Farm Insurance in India, Companies, Policy, and Premium
- Heroes: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
- Mamma Mia! 2-Movie Collection
- Ileana D’Cruz serves wanderlust overdose with throwback bikini-clad pics from Maldives holiday: See here | Travel
- Transformers: Prime – Season Two [Blu-ray]
- Psych: The Complete Collection [DVD]
- Shindig!: America’s Flat-Out Ass-Kickin’ Rock ‘n’ Roll TV Show
- Family Favorites: 10-Movie Collection
- Red diesel cannot be used for charity tractor runs, says HMRC
- Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan – Season One
- With a pic from Hegra, Ali Fazal speaks of sunsets and clouds | Travel
- Shit I Can’t Remember: Alphabetical Internet Password Keeper & Organizer Logbook
- The Office: The Complete Series
- Green Book [DVD]
- Amazon Prime: Tips and Tricks to Get the Most Out Of Your Amazon Prime Membership, How to Join Amazon Prime
- Daily Ritual Women’s Supersoft Terry Drawstring Waist Dress
- Big B Pro Sports Speed & Agility Training Set | Includes Ladder, 10 Cones, Running Parachute, Jump Rope, 5 Resistance Bands | For Athletes in Sports & Athletics Including Football, Soccer & Basketball
- Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]
- Passenger Exposed Buttocks and Threw a Can During Flight, Prosecutors Say
- Amazon Brand – Happy Belly Prime Steak Seasoning, 4 Ounces
- Masterpiece Classic: Downton Abbey Seasons 1-6 Complete Series Collection (Original U.K. Edition) [Blu-ray]
- Lisa Goddard, 55, Dies; Brought Climate Data to Those Who Needed It
- Fire HD 10 Plus tablet, 10.1″, 1080p Full HD, 64 GB, latest model (2021 release), Slate
- Meat Loaf, ‘Bat Out of Hell’ Singer and Actor, Dies at 74
- Introducing Fire TV Stick 4K Max streaming device, Wi-Fi 6, Alexa Voice Remote (includes TV controls)
- The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-present
- Dell Inspiron 3000 3501 Windows 11 S Mode Laptop Computer, 15.6″ FHD Touchscreen Anti-Glare, Intel Quad-Core i5-1035G1 up to 3.6GHz, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, HDMI
- English Island Seeks a Landlord-King Who Likes Solitude, Seals and Beer