With their second successive win, Pakistan jumped to 3rd place of their group, with 4 factors within the six-team Group 2, forward of Bangladesh on NRR. Pakistan’s commanding 33-run win (DLS) towards the Proteas took the semi-final race to the ultimate spherical of matches, with 4 groups nonetheless vying for the 2 spots.
Pakistan will play Bangladesh, who’re additionally nonetheless in competition, of their closing group sport on November 6 – they usually want a giant win to not solely attain 6 factors however to enhance their web run price (NRR), which can come into play in the long run. Their present NRR, after 4 video games, stands at 1.117.
Pakistan keep alive within the race to the #T20WorldCup semi-finals 👊Standings 👉 https://t.co/TIZ6Sk3coG https://t.co/jWMyWo4TaH
— T20 World Cup (@T20WorldCup) 1667478495000
Four groups – India, South Africa, Pakistan and Bangladesh, are nonetheless in competition for the 2 semi-final spots from the group. Pakistan want no less than two of the three remaining matches of the group on Sunday to go their means to have the ability to advance to the following stage.
Sunday’s schedule: 5:30 AM IST – South Africa vs Netherlands, 9:30 AM IST – Pakistan vs Bangladesh and 1:30 PM IST – India vs Zimbabwe.
If South Africa win the primary match on Sunday, they’re by to the semi-final stage with 7 factors. But in the event that they lose, they may most definitely be knocked out of the event. And one other ‘no end result’ as a result of rain will take them to six factors and leads to the opposite two video games will resolve their destiny with NRR coming into play.
Players from Pakistan and South Africa shake arms after their match. (AFP Photo)
Either Pakistan or Bangladesh will preserve their hopes alive with a win within the day’s second match to be performed between the 2 groups, with the winner reaching 6 factors. Their (Pakistan or Bangladesh) destiny although will rely upon the third sport between India and Zimbabwe.
India, already on 6 factors, will progress to the knock-out stage even when rain washes out the match vs Zimbabwe. But if India lose, NRR will come into play to find out which groups undergo from the group.
(All statistics on this article are up to date until the tip of the November 3 match)
How the groups stand in Group 2 after 4 matches every:
* India are again on prime of the standings after beating Bangladesh of their fourth group sport. They have six factors now — three wins (vs Pakistan, Netherlands & Bangladesh) and a loss (vs SA).
* South Africa dropped to second, with 5 factors, after their loss to Pakistan on Thursday. They have two wins (vs India & Bangladesh), a loss towards Pakistan and a ‘no end result’ vs Zimbabwe, which gave them 1 level.
* Pakistan jumped to 3rd on the desk after their victory over South Africa. They have 4 factors from 4 video games — two wins (vs Netherlands & South Africa) and two defeats (vs India & Zimbabwe)
* Bangladesh have dropped right down to fourth after their slender loss towards India. They too have 4 factors from 4 video games and are behind Pakistan solely on NRR.
* Zimbabwe are fifth now with three factors after shedding to Netherlands. They have a win (vs Pakistan), a no end result (vs SA) and two defeats (vs Bangladesh & Netherlands).
* Netherlands are out of the semi-final race regardless of their win towards Zimbabwe. They have two factors from 4 video games.
How Pakistan can progress to the semis:
* The most necessary standards nonetheless stays the identical — huge win of their closing group sport towards Bangladesh, which is able to take their tally to six factors. It might or is probably not sufficient for them in the long run.
* For Pakistan to qualify they want India to lose their final group sport vs Zimbabwe, which is able to go away them on 6 factors, the identical as Pak. Then NRR will come into play.
* South Africa should both lose their closing sport vs Netherlands or break up factors as a result of a rain compelled deserted contest in Adelaide. A loss will go away South Africa on 5 factors, and a no-result will take them to six factors – identical as Pakistan (If Pak beat Bangladesh). Then NRR will come into play.
* Bangladesh, on 4 factors, must lose their final sport towards Pakistan. A win for Bangladesh will knock Pakistan out of the event.
* Pakistan can even be hoping that Zimbabwe, who’re on 3 factors, beat India of their final group sport. The victory will take them to five factors, however extra importantly it is going to go away India on 6 factors.