WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Purdue specialists invite small- and large-operation farmers and growers to attend the Purdue Fruit, Vegetable and Hemp Field Day on July 21, 2022, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. EDT on the Meigs Purdue Ag Center. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., and lunch will probably be offered.
“Purdue researchers, Extension specialists and graduate college students will talk about and showcase their present analysis on the discipline day. Research in motion all the time presents an ideal alternative for hands-on studying, and there will probably be ample alternatives for growers to community and change data,” mentioned Petrus Langenhoven, Purdue horticulture and hydroponic crop specialist.
Topics to be lined embrace:
- Apple illness administration and IR-4 trial outcomes.
- Botrytis administration in peonies.
- Cannabinoid hemp selection trial and hemp propagation research.
- Cold-hardy grape varieties for Indiana.
- Insect administration on leafy greens, candy corn, high-tunnel cucumbers.
- Management of dwarf apple timber.
- Planting greens into cowl crops.
- Two-system strategy to vegetable farming.
- Vegetable weed administration analysis.
Meigs Purdue Ag Center is positioned at 9101 S. 100 E., Lafayette, Ind. Sign as much as attend at https://tinyurl.com/ypfubpkp.
Writer: Abby Leeds, 765-494-7817, [email protected]
Source: Lori Jolly-Brown, [email protected]
Agricultural Communications: 765-494-8415;
Maureen Manier, Department Head, [email protected]
Agriculture News Page