In the case of making use of nitrogen fertilizer, agronomists have to help determine the applicable charge, correct placement, the applicable time, and the velocity sort of N to protect the environment and feed the crop. The backdrop to those decisions embrace the farm setup, soil verify outcomes, yield targets, and product availability. There’s moreover that key decisions driver: profitability.
To dig in to probably the most economical charge of nitrogen, host Lyndsey Smith is joined by Dale Cowan, with AGRIS Co-Op, and John Heard, soil nutrient specialist with Manitoba Agriculture.
Catch a model new episode of The Agronomists every Monday night time time at 8 pm E!
- For the west, there may be some respectable “cash within the financial institution”
- For the east, the slate is sort of always a up to date start — mineralization happens later inside the season
- Matching N availability to crop needs is significant. Corn needs it so much later. Facet-dress is an outstanding selection for hazard administration and driving yields
- First clip: Break up app N for profitability — managing for local weather volatility
- What on the planet is Delta yield?
- Zero N would not equal zero yield
- Even a doubling of N worth solely drops probably the most economical charge 20 ish kilos for corn in some circumstances. Get these trials going!
- What’s an N ramp trial?
- Second clip: Can break up apps work for canola and wheat?
- What about protein in wheat? When do you add N?
- For these trying to find the nitrogen charge calculator that John Heard refers to, yow will uncover it proper right here.
- A parting thought: legal guidelines or certification will attainable require exhausting numbers behind added N. The earlier you begin a way of testing and evaluating for a lot of economical N expenses, the larger
Join The Agronomists e-newsletter to acquire a weekly reminder of the event and to hitch your CEU credit score!
When you’ve got obtained a topic suggestion for the agronomists, ship us your idea by means of e-mail.