ACORD, the standards-setting physique for the worldwide insurance coverage business, has kickstarted 2022 by asserting its up to date board of administrators, which consists of 21 members, together with two new administrators: Venkat Krishnamoorthy and Dr. Christian Schaffer.
Krishnamoorthy is the chief know-how officer (CTO) at Hamilton Insurance coverage Group (Hamilton), the place he leads the know-how transformation of speciality insurance coverage and reinsurance platforms. With virtually 30 years of expertise in digital know-how, software program improvement and operations, product improvement, and engineering, he has efficiently led world digital transformation efforts within the finance and training industries.
He joined Hamilton from Coleman Analysis, the place he served as a CTO who led its digital transformation and new SaaS product improvement. Beforehand, he was the vice chairman for digital know-how at McGraw-Hill Greater Training.
In the meantime, Dr. Schaffer is the pinnacle of reinsurance accounting (life and non-life) at Munich Re Group (Munich Re) and acts as the worldwide course of proprietor for the technical accounting and claims processing of the corporate’s reinsurance group.
From 2010 to 2021, he led Munich Re’s company efficiency and capital administration division in group controlling and was the chief monetary officer of DKV Belgium S.A. He additionally beforehand held numerous positions within the firm’s finance division. Earlier than becoming a member of Munich Re, he was a lecturer on the Institute for Accounting, Auditing, and Evaluation on the Munich Faculty of Administration at Ludwig Maximilian College in Munich.
Commenting on the refreshed board of administrators, ACORD president and CEO Invoice Pieroni stated: “Within the midst of accelerating transformation, ACORD is extra targeted than ever on serving our members and the worldwide insurance coverage business.
“The years of business expertise, experience, and management of our incoming board can be important in furthering this mission and delivering worth to our group.”
Returning members of the ACORD board of administrators embrace:
- Robert Kelly (board chair) managing director and CEO, Steadfast Group Restricted;
- Kevin Tobin (board vice chair) president and CEO, Marsh Insurance coverage Companies Group;
- Colleen Batman, SVP, SC & PL operations, The Hartford Monetary Companies Group;
- Richard Brame, senior director, Willis Towers Watson (WTW);
- Rebecca Bunyan, chief info and alter officer, Lloyd’s of London;
- Invoice Devine, senior vice chairman, enterprise capabilities workplace, Travelers;
- Julie Dillman, government vice chairman and digital transformation officer, Chubb Group;
- Ian Haycock, chief knowledge officer, managing director, group operations, Swiss Re;
- John Kellington, SVP & CIO, The Cincinnati Insurance coverage Firms;
- Mark Knipfer, chief operations and know-how officer, Zurich North America;
- Steve Lundin, chief working officer, gross sales operations, M Monetary Group;
- Ian Macartney, senior vice chairman, head of innovation and digital, Argo Group US;
- Dave Matcham, FCII, chief government, Worldwide Underwriting Affiliation of London;
- Patrick Molineux, managing director, London Insurance coverage Market Operations and Strategic Sourcing (LIMOSS);
- Invoice Pieroni, president and CEO, ACORD;
- Robert Rusbuldt, president and CEO, Impartial Insurance coverage Brokers & Brokers of America (IIABA);
- Dr. Ralf Schneider, group CIO, Allianz SE;
- Laura Titas, senior vice chairman, chief knowledge officer, Nationwide; and
- Vlad Yekelchik, chief info officer, EPIC Insurance coverage Brokers & Consultants.